Dodge, now the designated performance brand for Chrysler, has a nice playing hand right about now and they are about to lay a few more cards on the table with a Hellcat drawn on the Charger. That’s right; reportedly a Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat is in the playing cards to feature the powerplant from the recently-famed Challenger SRT Hellcat.
The news of this comes out of some digging by Road & Track on the SAE Certification filing documentation for the 707-horsepower supercharged HEMI V8 engine. This could very well mean we will see the most powerful production Sedan ever come from Dodge – Yeah, American Muscle in 4-door style.
Probably the biggest question and uncertainty is if the Dodge Charger “Hellcat” would get a manual transmission option just like its Challenger Hellcat brethren? Only time will tell and we will be sure to let you all know once that information is made available. For now, time to prep the drag radials and give thanks to our Car Gods for keeping the current golden age of horsepower stronger than ever.
Some will now say, what’s keeping them from making a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat… Yes, we want to know the same thing. Let the good times roll!
- In Our Garage: 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track
- Motor Trend World’s Fastest Car Show Gets Behind Wheel of 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: Video
- 2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Gets Me – A Quick Spin
- Jeep Confirms Hellcat-Powered Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: 0-60 mph in 3.5 Seconds
- Like Yellow? Dodge Has Some New Muscle Cars For You
Article Source: FendyBt2 Official Website
If you like all this stuff here then you can buy me a pack of cigarettes.