We had a chance to visit one of our good friends, who happened to have brought over one of the 24 Lancia Delta S4s in existence to our shores here in the United States.
The Lancia Delta S4 was known as the end of an era for Group B Rally Car Racing. As a successor to the popular RWD Lancia 037, the Delta S4 carried the tradition of a mid-engine setup but added all-wheel drive. The 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine derivative features both supercharging and turbocharging where the supercharger starts off initially to build boost while the turbo spools and inevitably takes over for the boosting duties up to an astonishing 9,500 rpm. The Delta S4s produced had anywhere between 480 horsepower up to nearly 600 horsepower fed to all four wheels. The power to weight ratio, hitting the scale to the tune of about 2,000 pounds, is simply amazing allowing the Delta S4 to sprint to 60 mph in about 2.3 seconds according to some sources.
Such a rare and remarkable vehicle is a sight to see. We look forward to seeing more of this vehicle at upcoming events when we will be sure to post exclusive coverage with photos and videos. For now, enjoy the short engine clip of the Delta S4 below.
Images by Chris Brewer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Harris On Cars with the Holy Trinity: LaFerrari vs Porsche 918 vs McLaren P1 at Portimao Circuit
- Chris Harris Races A Porsche 911 GT2 RS Against A Ducati 1199 Panigale: Video
- Reader Mail: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Quick Spin
- Even Rambo would be impressed with 2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited
- Rare Lancia Quartet Anchors the 20th Annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Exotic Rally Class
Article Source: FendyBt2 Official Website
If you like all this stuff here then you can buy me a pack of cigarettes.